Good Morning, Snuggle Friends and Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you!
I think this is one of my top 3 favorite holidays of the year! I do have a fair amount of Irish pride (my great-grandmother instilled it in me at a young age) so my love for this holiday may be a bit biased.
Here are a few interesting facts about St. Patrick’s Day:
- St. Patrick’s Day is an American holiday. It began being celebrated in the 18th century by Irish immigrants to show solidarity and reconfirmed their ethnic bond.
- St. Patrick died on March 17th
- You have a chance of about 1 in 10,000 of finding a four-leaf clover
- St. Patrick didn’t drive snakes out of Ireland. It’s a metaphor for driving out pagan traditions and converting pagans to Christianity.
- St. Patrick’s Day was a dry holiday until 1970.
(Want more fun facts check this out here.)
View original post 120 more words