On my mind right now, is:
- making a decision on a house/pet sitter to live at our apartment during our time away this summer (lots of applicants to wade through);
- find reasonably priced rain boots for boy midget (time sensitive – he’s going camping soon);
- stop beating myself up over not taking good care of my physical self over the past 6 months of winter (i.e. too many carbs and way too much wine);
- keep up with the bike riding in the face of cold weather and husband offering me rides to and from work (today was tough but I persevered);
- I’m slowly ruining my midgets by letting them eat in front of the tv. Yes, I know! But I like to eat in front of the tv too. I don’t eat the same food as they do, which already presents a mealtime challenge. I’m also very fucking tired at the end of the work day, and on weekends, and at all times during the fucking day.
- This year was the last one where I could crawl under the back deck to store the Xmas stuff. In 2 years when it’s Xmas time again at our house, once of the midgets will have to dig it out.
- We are meeting with an accountant so we can get a realistic idea of how many financial mistakes we’ve made and how much we’ve fucked over our present and future.
Well now I feel like shit. So here is a nice list to lift me up again:
- My kids don’t eat McDonald’s. They actually say No if someone offers to take them there;
- My kids don’t drink cow’s milk at my house;
- I’m biking to work everyday that I’m in the office (4x a week). That’s 7.5 km each way;
- Quinoa is one of my favourite foods; and
- My midgets will eat any bread, no matter how seedy and dark.
- We are being responsible and meeting with an accountant.